Sunday 14 July 2013

The Many Faces of Clever

As some of you will be aware, I live in a compound behind the hospital. I am not alone there and often times when I am passing through or coming and going I meet up with Clever, Clever Johnson. I'm fairly sure he has another family name, this is his first name. Clever doesn't say much, but then he is only two years old. But now, he greets me with a shy smile, and sometimes holds out his hand. He is now accustomed to see Mzungu around his home and he tries to say that word. But it comes out 'Gu'. Too cute.


This is Clever in his usual mismatched, multilayered clothing, playing with part of a bicycle wheel. It has been sliced in half. He was rolling it along the seat, making car sounds. Boys eh???


I think he was still in his pyjama's this morning... or at least that's what it looked like.


The door to the compound had fallen off. I think he watched the men fix it as he spent ages with what looks like a little hammer, banging on the door. So cute!


Another day when all the kids were in the driveway playing. Here he dragged this Mr Potato Head around with him most of the time. I don't know where the other parts to this toy were. Probably he never had them!


And these photos cracked me up and sent me running for my camera! He wandered around the compound with the bucket on his head for ages. He never let go of his stick or his lollipop!!! And didn't fall over either.


Just a peek now and then to get his bearings!


And here he is on his second birthday. I think he has a new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment